Sunday 21 February 2016

Room 3 Writing - A Day in the Life

In the morning I wake up and bathe in the sun to heat myself up.  Since I am a predator I go hunting - most creatures don’t stand a chance.  As I slither along the ground I spot an alligator child.  It spots me hanging off a branch and then I spit venom at its eyes to kill it.  Once I eat the alligator child it takes a long time to digest it.  After I digest it I spot a female at the same time as another creature of my kind and then … the battle begins!  We charge in to each other.  The opponent constricts me but I sink my fangs in to it and send venom into its veins and win.

After me and the female breed we lay eggs and then a hungry tiger comes along.  The female hides in the den.  Me and the tiger have a wrestle.  I’m able to dodge everything the tiger throws at me then I take a turn by spitting venom at it.  And then I spot a hawk closing in on me but I spit venom at it and it lands directly in front of me.

I heard a crack as I slithered to the den.  The eggs must be hatching, I thought.  When I got to the next part of the den I saw lots of babies crowding me.  Then I feed them the dead alligator child leftovers I killed.  The babies fight over the alligator so I cut it in half with my fangs.

One minute later hunters arrive in a truck.  I hide the den even better than before.  I hear them say, “Let’s go hunt reptiles!”  Then I spit venom at the truck. As they get out the truck explodes!  The hunters have chain guns.  They shoot rapidly, then I spit venom at all of them...

THE END – or is it? … (Dun! Dun! Dun!)


-          Max

1 comment: